Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Composition VIII

I personally enjoyed Kandinsky's Improvisation, and his story is quite interesting. And although this painting is not truly abstract it is quite interesting. The planets inside of a planet on it's axis is different but art is about expressing oneself. I also noticed a crossword puzzle, it makes me wonder if he liked them. The negative space in this painting does not bother me because of the heaviness in other areas. I also like the fact that he not only painted with music but in a way about it, and how it affected him. Not only that but to title his pieces musical names is interesting and allows people to view the piece as they would listen to music, simply allowing it to move you and let your emotions go. He is certainly a character and I think I like most of his "musical" pieces.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry wrong painting. And I can't seem to get it here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is part of being a synesthete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly think that being a synesthete is awesome, i wish i was one; the fact that anything can becpme illustrated is amazing. as for the piece itself, i like how very out there it is, not as out there as Dali, but it is something rather different. more object based, if you will.

    ReplyDelete